It sounds simple right, buy a Valentine's card and then write a little note and deliver, but many people become paralized about what to write. Remember this is a Valentine's Day card and it's important that the sentiment to correct, but the words should be yours.
Well we offer a few tips on how to pen your Valentine's Day card and a few samples. In the end, it will be up to you whether your personal message is funny, cute, sexy or touching.
What to Write in Your Valentine's Day Card - "Do"
1. Share your feelings
2. Be positive
3. Reflect on what she means to you
4. If you Love her / him, Write that you LOVE her or him
5. Before you write it, think of three happy moments you have shared together
What "NOT" to write in Your Valentine's Day Card
1. Do not demand anything in a card like "You better shape up or I will leave."
2. Don't write it after an argument
3. Leave out any sexual comments - Do that one on one
4. Don't point out a persons flaws
5. Don't just copy a poem and sign your name - If you use a poem add a personal touch or note that connects the reason you selected the poem or phrase.
Types of Valentine Cards
What to Write in a "I have a Crush on You!" Valentine's Day card.
So you have your eye on a guy or girl but you are not sure if their is a connection and you are not sure whether to announce your love or lay low.
Here are some tips:
1. If you work with them - Be fun and light hearted with your words, if they don't feel the same way your card needs to be safe. Consider suggesting to hang out sometime and that would leave things open.
2. If they already have a girlfriend, boyfriend, husband or wife, don't send a card. If they cheat on the one they love now, they will one day cheat on you.
3. If you have shared many flirts and they seem receptive, you can ask them if they would like to move to the next stage and go on a date.
4. Never confess undying love to a crush, most likely you don't really know them and they may not be as perfect as you think.
5. If you send a Valentine as a secret admirer, you need to come clean within 24 hours. Life is scary if you think that someone is watching you. If you are not willing to do that then do not send a card.
Last understand that if your Valentine does not share your feelings, you need to accept that even if it is painful.
Recent / New Relationship
I am enjoying getting to know you Valentine's Day Card.
1. Include favorite things you have shared on dates and why you like them.
2. Reflect on the future and getting to know them better
3. Use the word Love, only if you mean it. Don't feel forced to write Love if you are not sure yet. You can still be their Valentine.
4. Reflect on have they make you feel about life, love or your relationship. If you have never felt so happy, tell them.
You Mean The World To Me
Serious Relationship Valentine's Day Card
1. Let they know what they have meant in your life and how together you could never be where you are at today without them.
2. List the little things that you really love them. Thier laughter, smile, how they fold the towels, take pride in saving music or dance with thier iPod on. Why are they special to you?
3. List past things you have done and shared and then list future things you want to do. This could include trips, family, buying a house etc...
4. If they are a Mom or Dad include comments about being a great parent and while it is your biggest challenge is life's greatest reward.
Now that you have an idea of what to write, you may not need anymore advice. However if you still need something to write here are more options and samples.
Pick a poem write it and then add why it is important to you in regards to her.
2. Music Lyrics
Most songs are poetry so read one of your favorite songs and then add personal comments.
3. Here are some samples of what you can write in you Valentine's card.
How do I love thee
Let me count the ways
(Then list the things you love about them) 1., 2., 3. and so on
Give all to love, obey thy heart
- Ralph Waldo Emerson
I love you, not for what you are
but for what I am when I am with you
- Roy Croft
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Sugar is sweet and so are you
Roses are red
Violets are blue
I think your sweet
So this card is for you!
I like the sun for days, the moon for nights and you forever!!!
Your special to me so on this day
I'm sending you xo's all your way!
You have the best smiles
and most heart warming hugs
I'm addicted to you.
It's like your my drug!
To some people love is given, to others only heaven
- Langston Hughes
A friend is someone who sees through you and still enjoys the view
- Wilma Askinas
Each day is a blessing
Every moment I treasure
Knowing that you love me
Means you have my heart forever
- Russell Troutman
Have a wonderful Valentine's Day!